Night Sky & Telescope Viewing Tours
DSLR / Mirrorless Astrophotography Sessions
Remote Astronomical Imaging
17L Camp Road, Dubbo, NSW
Tonight’s Show Status
Please note if you are travelling from Sydney on the 29th, & 30th of March, the Great Western Highway from Mount Victoria to Lithgow will be closed. There is a detour via Bell’s Line of Road.
Friday 24th March
Forecast: Mostly Cloudy, chance of rain
8:30pm: Night Sky & Telescope Viewing. Will go ahead with alternative program if overcast.
10pm: Premium Session. Session is cancelled
11:45pm: Astrophotography. Session is cancelled
Weather Forecasts for 9pm
- This forecast was posted at 12:18am 24th Mar. For an up to date forecast go to Dubbo Weather Forecast | Today’s Local Weather Forecast (weatherzone.com.au)
- Sat 25th: 70% Cloud Cover
- Sun 26th: Overcast
- Mon 27th: Rain
- Tues 28th: Rain
- Wed 29th: Rain
- Thurs 30th: Overcast
Weather information is retrieved
Weather information is retrieved
Astronomy Night Sky Tours
- We run astronomy and night sky viewing sessions on most nights weather permitting.
- There are 3 session types
- Night Sky & Telescope Viewing
- Select the session type in the menu under bookings for more information.
- Tickets are sold online from iwannaticket booking agency. Tickets are available up to an hour before start time.
- Unsold tickets for the Night Sky & Telescope Viewing Session are available at the door 15 mins before start time.
- Premium & Astrophotography are sold online only.
- Children under five years of age are not permitted sorry.
- All sessions run outdoors and at night. Make sure to dress to the weather conditions. Please wear enclosed shoes.
- In the warmer months we can get some mozzies on dusk, please apply insect repellant on any uncovered areas.
- Remote Observatory Hosting
- Remote CCD Photometry of Variable stars, comets and asteroids using our 20-inch telescope.
- Photography of a star purchased from the International Star Registry.
- Remote Imaging of Deep Sky Objects using our 17-inch telescope. LRGB and 3nm Ha, SII, OIII filters available.
Contact us for more information.
Some of our favourites…
Incredible memorable experience We went on a lovely clear night and were the only ones there yet the tour went on. Peter Starz (yes that is his name!!!) is the owner and gives a quick education lesson of stars, moons and planets. You are soon engrossed and beginning to feel just as passionate as Peter. His knowledge is incredible that we stayed for nearly 2 1/2 hours!!. What he showed us that night and taught us was unforgettable that we now feel quite knowledgeable about what the stars really mean. We now look at the night sky in a completely different way. There are around 10 telescopes that he can set up with bigger group numbers but only 2 were set up that night. We still were shown an amazing array of planets and stars. This is a must see and worth the admission fee. Well done Peter. We will be back.
Great to see jupiter, saturn and a whole host of stars in the night sky. Great to see jupiter, saturn and a whole host of stars in the night sky. try going in winter but if not possible, summer is ok except it gets really hot. An experience to remember.
Excellent- a must see in Dubbo Excellent! I’d definitely recommend visiting. They have multiple telescopes outside and the large main telescope. They reset the telescopes during the visit so you can see twice as much. A very detailed explanation as well. Really loved it.
Awesome Experience Whilst visiting Dubbo on a family trip my daughter-in-law suggested a trip to the Dubbo observatory so glad we went it was an awesome experience!! Peter Starr who was the astronomer hosted the event with his wife, gave a very informative and entertaining talk.So glad we went and would highly recommend this experience to anyone visiting Dubbo!
Fabulous sky views and informative hosts Fabulous sky views and informative hosts. Peter gave us an informative talk and had several telescopes pointing at different areas of the sky. It was a cold night but well worth it as the sky was clear and the views mesmerising.
Better than the movies Great night Peter shares so much knowledge with you, don't be afraid to ask questions, he is only to happy to answer them. Rug up in winter months, its pretty cold. Its not the best for small children but primary aged up love it, so do us big kids!!!